- Fanless and silent
Completely fanless, virtually noiseless
Large aluminium heatsink
Passive cooling through convective heat transfer
Ideal for noise-sensitive environments
Fanless means less dust inside the case and thus virtually no maintenance required.
- 24/7 Nonstop Operation
This device is approved for 24/7 permanent operation.
Requirement: Free air circulation around the PC must be guaranteed.
This device comes without a power-on button. The boot process starts as soon as power is applied. 
Black chassis made of aluminium and steel
Dimensions: 92.4 x 54.4 x 90 mm (LWH) = 450 ml
(Height including rubber feet)
Weight: 0.48 kg net and 1.03 kg gross
With hole for Kensington Lock
IP protection rating: IP20
- Operation Positions
1) Mounted on a DIN-Rail (e.g. inside equipment racks)
2) Vertical (e.g. VESA-mounted behind an appropriate monitor)
3) Standing on its rubber feet as a desktop PC
- Operation System
This system comes without operating system.
It is compatible with:
– Windows 10 (64-bit)
– Linux (64-bit)
Intel® Celeron® Prozessor J3355, Dual Core
CPU clock frequency: 2.0 GHz, max. Turbo frequency: 2.5 GHz
Code name: “Apollo Lake”
14 nm structure, FCBGA1296 package (soldered)
CPU cores / Threads: 2 / 2
L2 Cache: 2 MB
Thermal Design Power (TDP): 10 W
Supports x86-64, AES-NI, VT-x (EPT), VT-d
System-on-Chip processor (SoC) with integrated graphics processor, no additional chipset required
Fanless cooling system
- Integrated Graphics
The Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) is integrated in the processor.
Intel® HD Graphics 500 (Intel Gen 9), graphics frequency: 250~700 MHz
Supports DirectX 12, Intel Quick Sync Video, Intel Clear Video (HD), Shared Memory
Execution Units (EU): 12
- UEFI Firmware
16 MB Flash ROM with AMI UEFI BIOS Firmware
Based on the Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI)
Supports Wake-on-LAN (WOL) from S3, S4, S5 ACPI states
Supports boot up from external flash memory cards (USB or SD card)
Embedded Firmware TPM v2.0 (fTPM), can be activated in BIOS setup
Supports Hardware Monitoring and Watch Dog functionality (fixed timer)
- RAM Memory
4 GB LPDDR4 RAM memory (2400 MHz), soldered
- Flash Memory
64 GB eMMC flash memory
Expandable via Micro SD card
- M.2 expansion slot
The M.2-3042 B-key expansion slot provides the following interfaces:
1) PCI-Express Gen. 2.0 X1
2) SATA v3.0 (max. 6 Gbps)
3) USB 3.2 Gen 1
The following components can be used in this slot:
1) optional HDMI capture card MCAP01  or
2) optional LTE/4G module  or
3) optional WLAN module  or
4) M.2-2242 SSDs with SATA interface (B+M key) or with NVMe interface (M key)
Note: Please go to the “Advanced” tab in the BIOS setup and set “M.2 Device Select” to “PCIe” or “SATA” according to the type of M.2 card used.
- SIM expansion slot
A nano SIM card can be installed in an appropriate slot directly on the mainboard. The SIM card can be used in combination with an optional LTE/4G module that is to be installed in the M.2-3042 slot .
- Micro SD Card Reader
Integrated card reader
Supports Micro SD, Micro SDHC and Micro SDXC memory flash cards
Supports booting from SD card
- Wired Network
RJ45 connector supports Gigabit LAN at 10/100/1000 Mbit/s.
Realtek RTL8119I-CG Ethernet Controller
- Connectors and LED
– Power LED 
– HDMI 1.4b digital video and audio output
– 2x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type A
– Micro USB 2.0
– Micro SD card reader
– Gigabit network port (LAN, RJ45)
– DC input (2-pin Euroblock)
– 4x perforated 6.5 mm holes for optional LTE/4G antennas
– Optional: second Gigabit network port 
– Optional: HDMI input 
– Hole for Kensington Lock
- Onboard I/O connector
34-pin header “J1” with I/O ports as follows:
– Power Button (pin 11)
– Reset Button (pin 13)
– Always-on function (pin 29-30 shortened by jumper)
– RS232 3.3V (pin 2, 4, 6, 8)
– RS232/422/485 3.3V (pin 31, 32, 33, 34)
– 4x GPIO 1.8V (pin 21 ,23, 25, 27)
– I2C bus (pin 22, 24)
– UART 3.3V (Pin 1, 3, 5, 7): Debug Port
– Recovery (Pin 15): no function
Note: The onboard connector “CN5” (CanBus) cannot be used.
- DC Input connector
The 2-pin Euroblock connector supports 12~19V of DC input voltage.
The included Phoenix connector enables a DC cable to be connected via terminal strip.
In addition, the included adapter cable allows a power adapter with a 5.5 / 2.5 mm DC plug to be connected.
The recommended minimum output wattage of the power adapter is:
– 40 W, if the accessory PSE01 is not used.
– 65 W, if the accessory PSE01 is installed.
- Power Supply via PoE (optional)
The PC is powered either via the DC input connector or via PoE (Power over Ethernet). The PoE function can be added with the optional Shuttle accessory PD01 .
The Power Soucing Equipment (PSE, e.g. PoE switch or injector) should be capable to deliver at least 48V DC / 0.65A.
- Supplied Accessories
– Multi-language user guide (EN, DE, FR, ES, JP, KR, SC, TC)
– Driver DVD (Windows 10, 64-bit)
– Bracket for VESA and DIN-Rail mounting
– Two screws M3 x 4 mm (attaches mounting bracket to PC)
– DIN-Rail clip
– Two screws M3 x 4 mm (attaches mounting bracket to DIN-Rail clip)
– VESA mount for 75 / 100 mm standard
– Four screws M4 x 10 mm (to affix VESA mount on PC)
– Two screws M3 x 5 mm (to mount an M.2 card)
– 2-pin Phoenix connector
– DC adapter cable (connects the Phoenix connector to a 2.5 / 5.5 mm coaxial DC plug of a power adapter)
Note: A power adapter is not included.
- Optional Accessies
– PD01: PD daughterboard to power EN01B by PoE (48V DC, 0.65A) 
– PSE01: PSE daughterboard – EN01B acts as a PoE power source (48V DC, 0.5A) 
– MCAP01: HDMI capture card in M.2-2242 format with HDMI cable 
– WWN01: Set with two LTE/4G antennas and antenna cables 
– LN007 and WLN-M: WLAN kit with WLAN card, M.2 adapter and two antennas 
– PE90: Power Adapter (19V / 90W)
- Environmental Specifications
Operating temperature range: 0 ~ 50 °C
Relative humidity range: 10 ~ 90 % (non-condensing)
Warning: Never touch the heatsink during or just after operation, as it can get very hot during normal operation. Be sure to wait for the heatsink to cool off before touching it.
- Certification and Compliance
EMI: FCC, CE, BSMI, VCCI, RCM
Safety: ETL, CB, BSMI
Other: RoHS, Energy Star, ErP, IP20
This device is classed as a technical information equipment (ITE) in class B and is intended for use in living room and office. The CE-mark approves the conformity by the EU directives:
(1) 2014/30/EU relating to electromagnetic compatibility (EMC),
(2) 2014/35/EU relating to Electrical Equipment designed for use within certain voltage limits (LVD),
(3) 2009/125/EC relating to eco design requirements for energy-related products (ErP),
(4) 2014/53/EU Radio Equipment Directive (RED)
 Non-stop operation
The EN01Jx is intended for 24/7 non-stop operation. This device comes without a power-on button, and the boot process starts as soon as power is applied. It is still possible to switch off the system by shutting down the operating system into Soft-Off mode (S5). There are three ways to switch the system on again:
– Interruption of power supply
– Via Wake-on-LAN (WoL) by sending a Wake-Up signal to the LAN port
– By connecting an external power button (normally open) to the internal 34-pin header “J4” (please refer to the PDF version of the Quick Guide). The button has to be connected to pin 11 and 12, and the Always-On function has to be disabled by removing the jumper from pin 29-30.
 Second LAN port with PoE function (optional)
The optional Shuttle accessory PD01 and PSE01 are daughterboards which provide a second Gigabit network port with PoE function. PoE (Power over Ethernet) enables network devices to receive power over the same network cable that transports data. Adding the Shuttle accessory PD01 allows the EN01Jx to be powered over the LAN cable and thus it becomes a Powered Device (PD). The Shuttle accessory PSE01 makes the EN01Jx act as Power Sourcing Equipment (PSE) that carries both data and operating voltage to a connected network device, such as an IP camera.
 HDMI Capture Card (MCAP01)
The optional Shuttle accessory MCAP01 consists of a HDMI Capture Card in M.2 format and includes an adapter cable for an additional HDMI-in port. Using this accessory, HDMI video signals can be recorded and processed from an external source.
 Optional LTE/4G function
The EN01Jx can optionally be enhanced to support mobile internet with the following hardware components:
1) an LTE/4G module in M.2-3042 format
2) an activated Nano SIM card
3) the Shuttle Accessory WWN01 with two LTE/4G antennas and cables
 Optional WLAN function
Two accessory products are required to upgrade the PC with a WLAN function:
1) WLN-M is a WLAN kit consisting of a WLAN card in M.2-2230 format (supports WLAN-ac 2.4 / 5 GHz and BT 4.0), two external antennas and antenna cables
2) LN007 is a M.2 adapter board (the M.2 slot of EN01 is B/M key, the WLAN card is A/E key)